The Doorways is a place where families and patients can lean on each other for the emotional support needed in a time of crisis. Volunteers play a vital role in this support, while also being an invaluable resource to Doorways Staff. Most importantly, volunteers offer reassurance in a warm and caring manner to people who arrive frightened, wearing and/or sick.
- Staff the Reception Desk
- Perform Light Clerical Assistance
- Join a Committee (Marketing, Operations, Development, Special Events, Young Professionals Council etc.)
- Staff a Special Event Fundraiser
- Support Doorways Outreach Efforts
- Organize the Kitchen, Pantry, and/or Library
Opportunities for Groups:
- Make a Meal for Guests (to feed 50 people) – A home-cooked meal after a long day at the hospital makes a huge impact on our guests. Watch our video to see how it easy it is for your group to host a meal!
- Create an Evening of Entertainment for Guests (BINGO, Karaoke, Dessert Party, Ladies Night Out, Exercise Class etc.) – Sign up!
- Perform Light Housekeeping and Maintenance (Painting, Window Washing, Carpet Cleaning etc.)
- Hold a Pantry/Household Drive (Collect Necessity Items – Canned Goods, Coffee, Laundry Detergent, Paper Products etc.)
To become a volunteer either fill out the application below or contact Mark Johnson at 804-828-6901 (ext. 150) or [email protected]!