Established in 1984, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medial needs. Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
The Doorways seeks a highly motivated, creative, and results-driven professional to join our team as the Communications Manager. This full-time staff member will serve as the organization’s Chief Storyteller, leading the implementation of the organization’s communications goals by developing strategy and metrics, managing content on the website and social media channels, defining key messaging for fundraising and communications, and overseeing the publication of newsletters and printed organization reports. The position is a member of the administrative team and reports directly to the Director of Annual Giving.
- Manage all online assets, including website and social media channels. Develop brand-consistent content for web-based channels.
- Maintain a marketing calendar to be deployed across print and digital marketing channels, including the website, newsletters, and social media. Correspond regularly with staff to identify opportunities for content.
- Serve as the primary organization point of contact with The Doorways’ creative branding firm, ensuring seamless implementation of content and strategy recommendations.
- Create and implement broad-based digital strategy to increase engagement online, in partnership with branding firm.
- Create copy for all printed communications, including the annual report and newsletters. Partner with Development Team on content development.
- Work with the Development Team to build out cache of guest stories and testimonials to be used in marketing and communication initiatives.
- Work with the Development Team to create customized stewardship materials to communicate impact to donor constituencies, including major and leadership donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Actively seek and organize speaking opportunities to the community with members of the Development Team.
- Serve as the organization’s point of contact for media releases.
- Develop messaging, remarks, and presentations for external events. Represent The Doorways at occasional community events and fundraising events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be proactive, creative, and be able to identify usable stories/story lines in real-time.
- Must be an excellent writer with proven experience creating compelling content for websites, social media, printed publications, marketing copy, and more.
- Must have strong proofreading and editing skills with a high attention to detail for style and substance.
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing a brand and adhering to style guides is preferred.
2-5 years of experience in communications. Degree from a four-year accredited college required with an emphasis on marketing, communications, public relations, or business preferred.
Competitive based on experience and industry best practices.
This position is eligible for full benefits including: Health, Dental, Life, STD/LTD fully paid by The Doorways; Paid Time Off; Generous Retirement Savings Plan Match.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with Communications Manager in the subject line.