Director of Development
The Doorways, whose mission is to provide lodging and support to patients and their loved ones travelling to Richmond for specialized medical treatment, is seeking a highly motivated, results-driven fundraising professional to serve as its Director of Development. This position is responsible for creating and implementing the overall development plan and overseeing all fundraising activities with a primary focus on annual fund, event sponsorships, team management and special campaigns. This position is a member of the management team and reports directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer. This is an exciting time to be a part of The Doorways! We are celebrating our 40th Anniversary and planning for a new building and eventual capital campaign.
- Manage Annual Giving Programs including: print and electronic annual giving appeals, recurring gifts, matching gifts, workplace giving etc.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise a fabulous team consisting of the Volunteer Manager and the Development & Events Coordinator.
- Management and Oversight of planning and execution of all Fundraising Events including corporate sponsorships and donation drives to achieve all goals.
- Provide oversight/management of: gift processing, acknowledgments, donor stewardship, database management and reporting.
- Planning, Evaluation, and Reporting and seeking new funding sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6+ years’ experience in fundraising at a leadership level. CFRE or advanced degree preferred.
- Must have a track record of meeting all fundraising goals. Experience with fundraising events, social media campaigns and direct mail required.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and growing direct reports into a high functioning team.
- Extensive experience with CRM systems, preferably The Raiser’s Edge or one specific to fundraising. This position will need to master the system and use its capabilities extensively.
- Strategic, creative, self-motivated, with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail. Must be a team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities. Must have successful experience working with volunteers, boards, and committees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary: Competitive based on experience with competitive Benefits Package
How to Apply: please email cover letter with salary expectation and resume to careers@TheDoorways.org