We seek a Maintenance Team member with a positive attitude and a strong desire to help people in need, someone who can work well with others. We provide a competitive wage and benefit package.
A regular, full-time, hourly position is available. Must have reliable transportation. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. These hours may be adjusted to better accommodate the organization. One shall expect to be called in occasionally for emergency repairs.
Reporting to Facilities Maintenance Chief – Facilities Painter/Carpenter is primarily responsible for helping maintain the building interior/exterior finishes and to always keep them functioning and operable. The Duties will also include learning and performing minor repairs and preventative maintenance on various building systems, fixtures, and appliances other than painting and carpentry.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment that meets standards requirements and
provides for the safety of The Doorways personnel and houseguests.
- Perform monthly, preventative maintenance checks.
- Perform Work Order Requests
- Assists the Maintenance Chief with executing repair and small renovation projects as assigned.
- May be called upon at any time to handle emergency situations.
Essential Functions and Skills Required:
- Repair and replacement of metal stud plus gypsum wallboard assemblies
- Understand appropriate surface preparation and selection/application of sealants, primers, paints and finish coat materials for interior and exterior walls, floors, doors and cabinets.
- Remove/replace suspended acoustic ceilings (small-scale)
- Repair/replace faucets and flush valves
- Clear plumbing drains
- Replace receptacles, switches, and electrical fixtures
- Replace mechanical unit filters
- Replace defective locks
- Shovel snow and ice from exterior walkways during winter storms
Physical requirements include
- Standing, walking, bending, carrying, kneeling, stretching, and stooping.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 75 lbs.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Work in confined spaces
- Work outdoors, occasionally in cold and/or wet weather
- Wear dust/fume respiratory protection gear
- Have at least three years’ experience as a painter with basic building trade skills, or equivalent experience. Successful completion of a recognized painter’s apprenticeship/training program is a plus.
- Be computer literate and capable of using MS Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Possess a high school graduate or GED required.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Possess a Virginia’s driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Please be prepared to furnish three professional / non-family member references upon request.
To apply send an email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Maintenance Painter/Carpenter in the subject line.