Facilities Maintenance Technician
Established in 1983, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medical needs. Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
The Doorways seeks a Facilities Maintenance Technician with a positive attitude and a strong desire to help people in need, someone who can work well with others. We provide a competitive wage and benefit package.
A regular full-time hourly position is available. Must have reliable transportation. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. These hours may be adjusted to better accommodate the organization.
Reporting to Facilities Maintenance Chief – Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for helping maintain all the mechanical systems and building infrastructure to always keep them functioning and operable. The Duties include learning and performing minor repairs and preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical systems, fixtures, and appliances. Also, the Maintenance Tech will assist with installing or removing various system components when necessary.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment that meets standards requirements and provides for the safety of The Doorways personnel and houseguests.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance checks.
- Perform Work Order Requests
- Assists the Maintenance Chief with executing renovation and major projects as assigned.
- May be called upon at any time to handle emergency situations.
Essential Functions and Skills Required
- Changing HVAC filters
- Lubricating pumps
- Re-lamping/replacing light fixtures
- Repairing/replacing faucets and flush valves
- Clearing drains
- Replace receptacles, switches, and electrical fixtures
- Diagnose/repair/replace water-source heat pumps
- Replace defective locks
- Shovel snow and ice from exterior walkways during storms
Physical requirements include
- Standing, walking, bending, carrying, kneeling, stretching, and stooping.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 75 lbs.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Work in confined spaces
- Work outdoors, occasionally in cold and/or wet weather
- Wear dust/fume respiratory protection gear
- You must have at least three plus years’ experience in maintenance with basic building trade skills.
- Proficiency in HVAC, electrical and plumbing is preferred.
- EPA CFC certification is preferred.
- Must be computer literate and capable of using MS Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- A high school graduate or GED required.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have a Virginia’s driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Please be prepared to furnish 3 professional / non-family member references upon request.
To apply send an email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Facilities Maintenance Technician in the subject line.