Office Administrator and Board Liaison
Established in 1983, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medical needs. Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
The Doorways seeks a Professional Office Administrator/Board Liaison! This new position will support the CEO with her schedule and general C-Level office management. The Office Administrator will also function as the main point of contact for all office management duties including updating, implementing, enforcing operations and personnel policies, HR recruiting and staffing functions, employee relations, and various other administrative duties.
You will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes health insurance with Anthem, of which 100% of the premium is paid by The Doorways for you as an employee. Dental insurance through Mutual of Omaha is provided and is 100% paid for as well by The Doorways. You will also receive benefits including fully paid life, AD&D and short- and long-term disability coverage through Mutual of Omaha.
You will be eligible for holiday pay and accrued paid time off which includes vacation, sick, and personal leave as outlined in The Doorways’ Personnel Policies. You will also be eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan. The Doorways matches your contribution equal to the sum of 100% of the first 3% percent of salary, and 50% percent of the next two percent of salary, up to a maximum of 4%.
A six-month review in will provide the opportunity to discuss expectations and accomplishments to date and will include an evaluation of progress against goals with reviews annually thereafter.
- Executive Assistant/Board Liaison (work with CEO, CFO, and CPO)
- Proactively manage Executive’s schedule by monitoring emails, incoming mail, and other requests and delegating requests to appropriate staff member.
- Read and send correspondence and draft letters and presentations. Strategic communications.
- Maintain all updated records of Board Members; past and present.
- Prepare all Board and Committee materials and minutes for Board meetings (6 meetings/year + committee meetings: Executive, Finance, Investment, Governance, Operations, Development/Events).
- Prepare Boardroom for all Executive-level and/or Board meetings including Zoom setup and management.
- Update Board Portal with Board-related documents/information in a timely manner.
- Manage all Board-related events and activities including scheduling, catering, presentations, etc.
- Record all Board volunteer hours and upload to Raiser’s Edge.
- HR-Related Items including Staffing, Development, Employee Reviews, Safety & Health, and employee relations.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting and hiring and onboarding new employees including job descriptions and postings, forwarding resumes to hiring managers, scheduling interviews, drafting offer letters, and retaining all recruiting records that meeting record retention requirements.
- Oversee all new hire paperwork is completed including appropriate benefit packages and enrollment, tax forms, and policy acknowledgements (work with CFO).
- Order business cards and nametags for new employees.
- Work with Facilities to set up office computer, phone, garage access, etc.
- Incorporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives in everyday activities to benefit all staff members.
- Manage All-Staff Staff Meetings including Agenda/Newsletters/Slide Decks
- Manage All-Staff events including catering and sign-up sheets, CPR Classes, and online and in-person safety training.
- Manage birthday/anniversary cards for timely delivery.
- Work with all Departments to implement and enforce Personnel and Operating Policies.
- Encourage open-door policy for all employees. Conduct Exit Interviews.
- Admin-Related Items:
- Assist CFO and CPO with annual Audit process
- Manage required Operations, Personnel, and Strategic policies and planning documents.
- Order pre-printed letterhead, envelopes, etc. Order office supplies, postage, coffee, etc. for the admin staff.
- Manage outgoing vendor checks.
- Various administrative tasks.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented self‐starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and analytical skills to organize and coordinate a varied workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with entire team and organizational supporters and volunteers.
- Ability to pivot, be flexible, and manage shifting priorities and assignments as needed.
- Must be able to accomplish projects independently.
- Degree from four-year accredited college AND 5+ years’ professional experience in a role focused on Office Administration and/or Executive Support.
- In lieu of a 4-year college degree, we will consider 10+ years of professional experience.
- Other: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive based on experience and industry best practices. For additional information on salary and benefits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for full benefits including: fully paid Health and Dental Insurance; Paid Time Off; generous Retirement Savings Plan with matching; free on-site parking.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with Office Administrator and Board Liaison in the subject line.