Assistant Front Desk Manager
The Assistant Front Desk Manager is responsible for the duties and staff of the front desk operation which includes: welcoming and registering guests, staff training and scheduling, inter-departmental communications, cash handling/financial transactions, accurate/complete reporting, and building a high performing, congenial team. In addition, this person directs and coordinates all activities of the front desk including reservations, guest services, data entry, communication of policies and procedures to guests, and answering/managing telephone calls. All of this must be accomplished in a welcoming, patient and professional manner.
The Assistant Front Desk Manager is also responsible for creating and upholding the “face” of The Doorways. The Doorways’ guests are predominantly patients and/or family members/caregivers of patients who are in the midst of a medical crisis; therefore, it is imperative that the Assistant Front Desk Manager and staff provide services in a patient and compassionate manner, especially when guests are experiencing high-stress episodes due to their medical circumstances. The Assistant Front Desk Manager will also serve as a resource for guests by being able to answer questions and provide assistance, as appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Has a sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
• Displays exemplary performance as an example for the staff to emulate
• Ability to lead, train, and motivate team members
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Solid relationship-building skills, people-focused, highly organized, and guest-centric.
• Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between personnel and management
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
• Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization
Characteristics: The ideal candidate sincerely enjoys engaging with others and understands that he/she can make someone’s day better simply by being helpful and friendly. Given the customer-facing nature of this position, interested candidates must have a warm and friendly demeanor, and be able to remain calm and focused when multiple people are waiting for service. The candidate must be productive and motivated without constant supervision, possess excellent organizational skills, and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• High School Diploma or GED; Associate degree preferred
• At least 3 years of high-performing customer service experience
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience required
• Front Desk experience at hotel or professional office preferred
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Solid computer skills to include core Microsoft Office applications
• Strong mathematical skills
• Reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time includes benefits
Salary: $11.00 to $17.00 /hour
How to Apply: To apply please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Assistant Front Desk Manager in the subject line.