Part-Time Front Desk Agent
Established in 1983, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medical needs. Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
The Doorways seeks a highly skilled and self-motivated Front Desk Agent to work alongside our Front Desk Lead, Monday – Thursday, 12:00pm - 4:30pm. In this position you will play a key role by welcoming guests and performing various administrative and clerical tasks. You must be comfortable undertaking a variety of activities in the office including filing, proper cash handling procedures, answering multi-lined phone calls, organizing documents, basic bookkeeping, and more. Reliability and strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are mandatory for this position. The Front Desk Agent acts as the “face of the organization” and is tasked with ensuring the Front Desk runs smoothly and efficiently on each shift.
Required Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Has a warm and friendly demeanor and ability to multi-task
- Has a sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to follow up with solutions in a timely manner
- Solid relationship-building skills, people-focused, highly organized, and guest-centric
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Ability to deal compassionately but firmly with people in stressful situations
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and registers Guests
- Handles check-in and check-out activities and prepare reports as requested.
- Acts as a resource for Guests by being able to answer questions and provide assistance, as appropriate
- Consistently provides professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Coordinates any room issues with Housekeeping and Maintenance
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of facility, services, policies, room types, hospital shuttle, and hospital referral process
- Ensures accuracy of information obtained from guests and stored in the Guest Registration System
- Reaches out to arriving and departing guests to confirm referral status
- Addresses and resolves guest request and issues promptly and professionally
- Receives incoming phone calls
- Maintains accuracy in handling financial transactions.
- Ensures proper communication among The Doorways associates, through use of Daily Pass On Logs and email
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate degree preferred
- At least 3 years of high-performing customer service experience
- Front Desk experience at hotel or professional office preferred
- Solid computer skills to include core Microsoft Office applications
- Strong mathematical skills
- Reliable transportation
Please be prepared to provide work history and company contact information for the last 3 positions you have held.
Hourly range of $14.50 per hour
Retirement Savings Plan and free on-site parking.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with Part-Time Front Desk Agent in the subject line.