Special Events and Fundraising Manager
The Doorways is seeking a highly motivated, hospitality-minded individual to serve as our Special Events and Fundraising Manager. This position will be responsible for special events management, revenue generation through various events and solicitations, marketing, and social media. The position is a member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Manages all aspects of special events including event logistics, vendors, event committees and volunteers, auction solicitation, ticket sales, promotions, and budgets.
- Plans and implements events according to the overall events calendar and goals for all internal and external events.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, works on creating event sponsorships, securing and cultivating event sponsors, participation and/or donation from individuals, corporations, civic groups, etc.
- Manages the websites (event specific) and all social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Ensures all postings and information are appropriate, timely and within the brand guidelines.
- Produces, publishes and distributes email blasts for all events, appeals, and general announcements.
- Updates the donor database to reflect interactions with donors, participants, and volunteers, including communications sent and received, meetings, volunteer, etc. Conducts analysis and creates tracking reports.
- Organizational liaison to support all third-party events.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress report to present to the board of directors on special events and fundraising initiatives.
- Maintains a community presence through membership in local and/or regional professional groups.
- Participate in all activities related to Young Professional Council and assist the Volunteer and Outreach Manager when needed.
- Responsible for producing timely and appreciate acknowledgements for all events donors, participants, and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies of a successful candidate:
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events.
- Ability to plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with entire team and organizational supporters and adjust smoothly to changing priorities.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Personal attributes: outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible, resourceful, team player, follow through and commitment, self-starter, perseverance, and ability to motivate and manage others.
- Analytical skills to report successes, failures and prepare reports.
- Must be able to accomplish projects independently.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and Constant Contact is preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving event software strongly preferre
- Degree from four-year accredited college. 2+ years’ experience in a role focused in fundraising, special event management. Experience in a role focused on sales, marketing, fundraising, and events with auctions is preferred.
Other: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position is required to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
Job Classification: Event Management, Fundraising, Sales, Marketing, Donor Relations
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and industry best practices.
Benefits: This position is eligible for full benefits including: Health and Dental Insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Savings Plan
How to Apply: To apply please email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] with Special Events and Fundraising Manager in the subject line.