Items on this list are always needed at The Doorways. By collecting and donating these basic goods you give families in need the gift of staying focused on their health and healing when it matters most.
Ready to donate?
- Read through our wish list below, or check out our page on Amazon
- Be sure to review items that we do not accept
- Items can be dropped off or mailed anytime
- To ensure a contactless and quick drop off Click here to fill out our In- Kind Donation Receipt - Print this and include it with your donation or email it to [email protected]
- If you have a large donation please call 804-828-6901 ext 150 to confirm your intended drop off time and date
- If you would like to donate something you do not see listed here please call us first
Interested in hosting a collection drive? Email us at [email protected] for more information!
*Please note that we cannot accept or use food or toiletry items that are open, expired, or not in their original packaging*
Want an easier way to support us?
Check out our Amazon Wish List! We keep it regularly updated with our most pressing needs and one-click shopping makes it easier than ever to send us much needed supplies. Don't forget to use Amazon Smile while you shop!
The Doorways’ Wish List
We cannot accept or use food that is expired, opened, or not in its original packaging.
- Aluminum Foil
- Coffee Creamer
- Cooking Oils (Vegetable, Canola, Olive)
- Drinks (Water, Juice, Gatorade, 12 or 16oz)
- Individually-wrapped snack foods (granola bars, fruit snacks, chips)
- Peanut Butter
- Plastic Wrap
- Ready-to-eat meals or snacks (Frozen or Other)
- Salt & Pepper
Toiletries (Travel Sized Only)
We cannot accept or use toiletries that are opened or not in their original packaging.
- Body Wash
- Feminine Products (Pads, Tampons)
- Hand Sanitizer
We cannot accept or use broken appliances/tools or used linens/towels.
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Dish Detergent
- Furniture Polish
- Hand Soap
- Hand and Power Tools (Operational)
- Laundry Detergent (Liquid Only)
- Paper Plates/ Bowls
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Utensils
- Sanitizing Wipes
- Sheets & Pillowcases (White Only)
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bags (10/50 Gallon)
- Washcloths (White Only)
Items We Do Not Accept
In order to honor your intention that your donation be put to good use, we ask that you do not bring in the following items as we cannot use them around our house. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.
- Expired, unlabeled, or opened food products
- Open or partially used toiletry products
- Non-operational, broken, or unclean items
- Medical supplies
- Stuffed Animals
- Car seats
- Used Clothing (Including hats, scarves, gloves, etc.)
- Used bedding, towels, or washcloths