Items on this list are always needed at The Doorways. By collecting and donating these basic goods you give families in need the gift of staying focused on their health and healing when it matters most.
Ready to donate?
- Read through our wish list below, or check out our page on Amazon to see what we accept
- Be sure to review items that we do not accept
- Items can be dropped off or mailed anytime
- Fill out our In-Kind Donation Form. This will send to our staff automatically.
- If you have a large donation (multiple boxes) please call 804-828-6901 ext 150 or email [email protected] to confirm your intended drop off time and date
- If you would like to donate something you do not see listed here please call us first
Interested in hosting a collection drive? Email us at [email protected] for more information!
*We cannot accept or use food or toiletry items that are open, expired, or not in their original packaging*
Want an easier way to support us?
Check out our Amazon Wish List! We keep it regularly updated with our most pressing needs and one-click shopping makes it easier than ever to send us much needed supplies. Don't forget to use Amazon Smile while you shop!
The Doorways’ Wish List
These items are crucial to our mission and each donation helps us direct more money back to our mission. Please follow condition guidelines as outlined below when making donations of these items to ensure they can be put to good use.
Please follow condition guidelines below to ensure donated items can be put to good use.
- Aluminum Foil
- Hand and Power Tools (Operational)
- Plastic Silverware
- Plastic Wrap
- Plates and Bowls (New or Gently Used)
- Pots and Pans (New or Gently Used)
- Sheets and Pillowcases (New and White Only)
- Trash Bags
- Washcloths (New and White Only)
All brands and quantities are accepted. All items must be unused and in their original packaging.
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plates/Bowls
- Toilet Paper
All items must be unused and in their original packaging.
- All-purpose cleaners
- Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Hand Soap
- Kitchen Cleaners
- Laundry Detergent (Liquid Only)
- Sanitizing Wipes
Other Items We’ll Accept:
These items are always appreciated and provide great support service to our guests. Please note that we cannot accept or use food or toiletry items that are open, expired, or not in their original packaging.
- Pantry Items – Coffee Creamer, Cooking Oils, Crackers, Drinks (12oz or 16oz Preferred), Individually Wrapped Snack Foods, Jelly, Peanut Butter, Ready-to-eat Meals or Snacks (Frozen or Other), Soup, Spices, Sugar (Small Packets Preferred)
Items We Do Not Accept
In order to honor your intention that your donation be put to good use, we ask that you do not bring in the following items as we cannot use them around our house. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.
*Thanks to your generosity we are not accepting donations of toiletry/personal care items at this time.*
- Expired, unlabeled, or opened food products
- Open or partially used toiletry products
- Non-operational, broken, or unclean items
- Medical supplies
- Stuffed Animals
- Car seats
- Used Clothing (Including hats, scarves, gloves, etc.)
- Used bedding, towels, or washcloths