Social Worker (Part-Time, Evenings)
Established in 1984, The Doorways provides lodging and support to patients and families who travel to Richmond for critical medical needs. Those who enter our doors find a healing, emotionally supportive environment in a place where community generosity and compassionate care come together.
The Doorways is seeking an experienced Social Worker to serve as an on-site resource for our hospitality guests.
- Provide emotional support and advocacy to TDW guests experiencing challenges as a result of illness or medical crisis.
- Provide strategies to assist TDW guests with working with hospital
- Conduct needs assessments and services coordination to help connect TDW guests with available resources.
- Assist with completion of forms and paperwork, when
- Promote positive relationships between TDW guests and agencies/organizations in the surrounding communities.
- Collaborate with community organizations to meet the needs of TDW
- Interact with TDW staff and guests to ensure consistent communication about issues of
- Other duties as assigned
- Part-Time, Evening Availability: Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6:00-10:30 m. Additional hours may be available.
- S.W. degree (experience in health care settings preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with diverse populations
- Strong critical thinking and crisis intervention skills
- Knowledge of community resources and social programs
- Good computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
Competitive based on experience and industry best practices.
This position is eligible 401(K) benefits and free, on-site parking.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Worker in the subject line.