Stock our Shelf! Thanksgiving Food Drive
The Holidays can be an especially challenging time for the hundreds of guests who must stay at The Doorways to be close to the hospital. We want to make sure those guests have everything they need this season – and we need your help! Rally your friends, family, coworkers, or congregation to donate items and help us Stock our Shelves! We are looking for non-perishable food donations and all donations received between October 25th – November 22nd will count towards this drive. Anything donated will help us fill our virtual shelves so our whole community can keep track of our progress!
Wish List: Canned Vegetables, Coffee Creamer (Individual packages/powdered), Cooking Oils, Drinks (12oz or 16oz), Individually Wrapped Snack Foods, Jelly, Peanut Butter, Ready-to-eat Meals or Snacks (Frozen or Pantry), Soup, Spices, Sugar (Small Packets Preferred)
Two Easy Ways to Donate!
1. In-Person: Put out boxes and flyers to encourage donations of canned goods, then deliver them to our facility
2. Virtual: Use our Amazon Wish List to purchase items and have them sent directly to us, Wish List Link: http://a.co/g8kTeMU
Items on this list are always needed at The Doorways. By collecting and donating these basic goods you give families in need the gift of staying focused on their health and healing when it matters most.
Ready to donate?
- Read through our wish list below, or check out our page on Amazon to see what we accept
- Be sure to review items that we do not accept
- Items can be dropped off or mailed anytime
- Fill out our In-Kind Donation Form. This will send to our staff automatically.
- If you have a large donation (multiple boxes) please call 804-828-6901 ext 150 or email [email protected] to confirm your intended drop off time and date
- If you would like to donate something you do not see listed here please call us first
Interested in hosting a collection drive? Email us at [email protected] for more information!
*We cannot accept or use food or toiletry items that are open, expired, or not in their original packaging*
Want an easier way to support us?
Check out our Amazon Wish List! We keep it regularly updated with our most pressing needs and one-click shopping makes it easier than ever to send us much needed supplies. Don't forget to use Amazon Smile while you shop!
The Doorways’ Wish List
These items are crucial to our mission and each donation helps us direct more money back to our mission. Please follow condition guidelines as outlined below when making donations of these items to ensure they can be put to good use.
Please follow condition guidelines below to ensure donated items can be put to good use.
- Aluminum Foil
- Hand and Power Tools (Operational)
- Plastic Silverware
- Plastic Wrap
- Plates and Bowls (New or Gently Used)
- Pots and Pans (New or Gently Used)
- Sheets and Pillowcases (New and White Only)
- Trash Bags
- Washcloths (New and White Only)
All brands and quantities are accepted. All items must be unused and in their original packaging.
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plates/Bowls
- Toilet Paper
All items must be unused and in their original packaging.
- All-purpose cleaners
- Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Hand Soap
- Kitchen Cleaners
- Laundry Detergent (Liquid Only)
- Sanitizing Wipes
Individually packaged items are always preferred. All food must be unopened, in it's original package and not expired.
- Canned Vegetables
- Coffee Creamer (Individual packages/powdered)
- Cooking Oils
- Drinks (12oz or 16oz)
- Individually Wrapped Snack Foods
- Peanut Butter
- Ready-to-eat Meals or Snacks (Frozen or Pantry)
- Sugar (Small Packets Preferred)
Other Items We’ll Accept:
These items are always appreciated and provide great support service to our guests. Please note that we cannot accept or use food or toiletry items that are open, expired, or not in their original packaging.
- Personal Care - Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Razors, Tampons/Pads
- Toiletries - Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, Body Wash/Soap (Travel Sized preferred)
- Books - Paperback or Hardcover, preferably in good shape
Items We Do Not Accept
In order to honor your intention that your donation be put to good use, we ask that you do not bring in the following items as we cannot use them around our house. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.
- Expired, unlabeled, or opened food products
- Open or partially used toiletry products
- Non-operational, broken, or unclean items
- Medical supplies (Medicines, Wheelchairs, Crutches, etc.)
- Stuffed Animals
- Car seats
- Clothing (Including hats, scarves, gloves, etc.)
- Used bedding, towels, or washcloths