Provide a Meal
The Doorways provides lodging and support to thousands of families every year who need to be close to life-saving medical care in Richmond. With 117 rooms, we are one of the largest hospitality houses in the country and proudly operate entirely on donations. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help us provide home cooked meals to families staying with us. Serving meals is more crucial to The Doorways and our guests now than ever before. As more families return to use our services, they are relying on your generosity to ensure they have a warm meal at the end of the night. We can't do it without you.
Please read the details below on meal service. For additional questions see the FAQ section or call us today 804-828-6901 ext 150.
Details on meal service:
- This opportunity is best for groups of at least 4 people, but up to as many as 20
- You must prepare all food onsite, or purchase it from a commercial kitchen
- You will serve around 40-45 guests
- We serve Dinner every night at 6:30pm and Breakfast/ Lunch on the weekends at 11am
- You are responsible for the menu and the food
- We provide the kitchen and all other supplies
- Open to all ages of volunteers
To Get Signed Up:
- Read the above details carefully and make sure this opportunity works for your group
- Review the list of open dates below - we serve dinner every night at 6:30pm and breakfast or lunch on the weekends at 11am.
- When you have your chosen date, click "Check It Out" to get signed up, OR email firstname.lastname@example.org directly
- Our Volunteer and Outreach Manager will reach out to confirm your date and send you more details.
- Review our the FAQs below and our Menu And Budget Guideline for ideas!
Note: All dates must be confirmed by The Doorways. Please allow at least 48 hours for a response. To ensure you get the date of your choice we recommend reaching out no later than 7 days in advance. If you have questions please email Taylor Fanelli at email@example.com.