Provide a Meal
The Doorways provides lodging and support to thousands of families every year who need to be close to life-saving medical care in Richmond. With 117 rooms, we are one of the largest hospitality houses in the country and proudly operate entirely on donations. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help us provide home cooked meals to families staying with us. Serving meals is more crucial to The Doorways and our guests now than ever before. As more families return to use our services, they are relying on your generosity to ensure they have a warm meal at the end of the night. We can't do it without you.
The safety of our guests, volunteers and staff remains our top priority. Our meal guidelines have been adapted to allow for contactless service to our guests.
We have three options for those who would like to provide a meal for our guests.
- Meal Service - Your small group (4-10 people) will come and use our facility to prepare a meal for 40 guests. This meal will be packaged into containers and served to guests or made available to them. You must bring your own food, but we provide everything else. We serve Dinner every night at 6:30pm and Breakfast/ Lunch on the weekends.
- Sponsor a Dinner - Your group can pay to have a meal delivered to The Doorways. This can be for anywhere from 25-40 people. We ask that meals are individually packaged. This can cover any regularly scheduled meal time.
- Guest Chef - Individuals or small groups (4-10) can come and use our facility to prepare packaged meals for guests. These meals are left in our kitchen for guests. You can use our food, but will likely have to bring some of your own. We provide everything else. This can only be scheduled weekdays between 9am-4pm.
To Get Signed Up:
1. Review the calendar below for open dates - we serve dinner every night at 6:30pm and breakfast or lunch on the weekends.
2. Fill out our Group Interest Form indicating your chosen date and preferred activity.
3. Our Volunteer and Outreach Manager will reach out to confirm the details.
Note: All dates must be confirmed by The Doorways. Please allow at least 48 hours for a response. To ensure you get the date of your choice we recommend reaching out no later than 7 days in advance. If you have questions please email Taylor Fanelli at [email protected]