Community Outreach Manager
The Doorways is seeking a highly motivated, hospitality-minded individual to serve as our Community Outreach Manager. This position will be responsible for outreach, special events management and social media marketing. The position is a member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Develops and implements a robust community outreach program to increase awareness of the organization in Richmond and surrounding communities.
- Manages special events including event logistics, vendors, event committees and volunteers, auction solicitation, processing and recording of ticket sales (raffle, individual) in the donor database and event software. Works closely with the Director of Development and Program & Volunteer Manager to plan and implement events according to the overall events calendar and goals for each event.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, works on securing and cultivating event sponsorships, participation and/or donations from individuals, corporations and civic groups.
- Identifies and engages civic, corporate, religious and school groups to recruit volunteers, in-kind donations and seek opportunities to secure speaking engagements.
- Develops and pursues a pipeline of prospects for solicitation as it relates to the CIVIC budget.
- Manages the websites (overall and event specific) and all social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Ensures all postings and information are appropriate, timely and within the brand guidelines.
- Produces, publishes and distributes email blasts for all events, appeals, and general announcements.
- Organizes and leads the Young Professional Council, and helps organize and promote events, outreach and fundraising efforts.
- Maintains a community presence through membership in various civic and professional groups.
- Updates the donor database to reflect his/her interactions with donors and volunteers including communications sent and received, meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from four-year accredited college. 3+ years’ experience in a role focused in fundraising, event management, sales or marketing. Experience in a role focused on relationship building in diverse communities, fundraising, and events with auctions is preferred.
Competencies of a successful candidate:
- Individual must be comfortable with public speaking and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the mission of The Doorways to variety of audiences.
- Individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with entire team and organizational supporters and adjust smoothly to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Personal attributes: enthusiasm, flexibility, resourcefulness, team player, follow through and commitment, self-starter, perseverance, and ability to motivate and manage others.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and Constant Contact is preferred.
- Experience with Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving event software strongly preferred.
Other: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position is required to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
Job Classification: Event Management, Fundraising, Sales, Marketing, Volunteer Recruitment
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and industry best practices.
Benefits: This position is eligible for full benefits including: Health and Dental Insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Savings Plan
How to Apply: To apply please email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] with Community Outreach Manager in the subject line.