The Doorways is a place where families and patients can lean on each other for the emotional support needed in a time of crisis.
Our volunteers play a vital role in this support, while also being an invaluable resource to Doorways Staff.
Most importantly, volunteers offer reassurance in a warm and caring manner to people who arrive frightened, weary, and/or sick.
“We treasure our volunteers, for their time, their talents and their unflagging commitment to our mission. We could not do what we do without them.”
Stacy Brinkley, The Doorways’ CEO & President
Ways to Get Involved
Our Volunteers Help Us Serve Our Guests
- Staff the Reception Desk
- Perform Light Clerical Assistance
- Join a Committee (Marketing, Operations, Development, Special Events, Young Professionals Council etc.)
- Staff a Special Event Fundraiser
- Support Doorways Outreach Efforts
- Organize the Kitchen, Pantry, and/or Library
- Make a meal for guests to feed 50 people: A home-cooked meal after a long day at the hospital makes a huge impact on our guests. - Sign up!
- Create an evening of entertainment for guests: BINGO, karaoke, dessert party, ladies night out, exercise class, etc. - Sign up!
- Perform light housekeeping and maintenance (painting, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Hold a pantry/household drive: collect necessity items like canned goods, coffee, laundry detergent, paper products, etc.